Thursday, September 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye To Summer

It is the last day of summer and I am bummed! I love Spring and Summer. I love to feel the warmth of sunshine, to be outside, to see baby calves being born and to watch things grow.  Fall to me is flowers dying, a chill in the air, the farm turning gloomy as the crops are waiting to be harvested. Yes there is still warm days and believe me I get my butt out there to soak it all up but the nights being cold, having to bundle up to walk in the mornings that is just not my cup of tea, (but I do it).

Enough of me whining I will just have anticipate my tropical vacation while we get ready for the harvest. For now here is a look back to some of the happenings on the farm this past Spring/Summer.
This is lucky. We had to bottle feed her because she lost her mom. She is our baby! She loves to talk back to us, of course in her own mooing way.





Any time we have the hummingbird juice out we can watch at least 4 hummingbirds playing around the feeder.

Tim is introducing Punkin to our newest farm critter Cocoa. Hopefully a year from now we will have a baby Hershey. Yes girls mini donkey's are pregnant anywhere from 11 1/2 to 13 months. YICKS!






No comments:

Post a Comment