Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sounds of the Farm

I wish I knew how to tape sounds, or to even have the device to tape sounds. I probably do but just don't know it. I was outside yesterday afternoon enjoying probably our last 70 degree day, and just started laughing. If I had neighbors they would have thought I had gone mad, but if I had neighbors they would think we are mad.

This past weekend Tim moved all of the cows and calves back home. We have 13 cows with 12 calves, 1 bull and then 9 calves that will be going to the locker in February, plus Lucky and Lucy the two calves we have bottle fed and will be friends for life. So there is a lot of mooing going on especially from Lucky who has been the only one around since May and getting all the attention. As soon as she sees Tim or I she really starts the mooing. I think she is telling us she is not happy with all the new animals.

We also have Cocoa my new mini donkey we added in September. I am not sure about donkey's mating ritual but it seems like he makes a lot of noise when Punkin is in heat. Cocoa's voice is not like you would think a donkey's would be and definitely not like Donkey's in Shrek. Part of it comes out and then it gets horse (no pun intended). It is funny especially when you hear it at 3 in the morning.

Then add the 1 guinea, three peacocks, 4 roosters and two barking dogs. Yesterday while I was outside it was like they were all trying to get my attention!

Our closet neighbors are about two miles away by road but two fields away the old fashion way. So I am sure if the winds blows right or maybe if there is no wind they can hear this and bet they are glad they are not right next door. Some day I will have to go to the neighbors and just listen to hear what they hear. Maybe that is why they do not come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment